At Shimmer & Bliss, we spend much time experimenting with various colors of dyes to choose the most rich and bold colors for our scarves. Customers have often remarked at how they cannot find such bold colors anywhere.
If we could all have a closet-full of Shimmer & Bliss scarves . . .
But many of us will just order one or two at a time. Out of all the beautiful colors, how do we choose which colors would best complement our outfits or skin tones. And even more difficult, how do we choose which scarf would be best to gift to a friend or relative?
A while back, there was much talk about “color analysis” in context of “seasons” due to a book called “Color Me Beautiful” which helped women determine which colors make them look most vibrant and alive. While not as popular a trend today, we all have a basic gut instinct about which colors “wash us out” and which really make us “pop.” We all want to know which colors make us look best.
There are image consultants and color analysis tests online that can help you if you’d really like to specifically determine which colors suit you best. Otherwise, you can use this color palette to get an idea of the typical colors you wear that make you shine!
As closely as we were able, we identified the seasons that our scarves fall into. Keep in mind that each scarf is uniquely hand-dyed, so there is slight variation in coloring, but for the most part, the following breakdown might help you in selecting a scarf for yourself or as a gift:
- Clear Winter: Strawberry Shortcake, Lapis, Lemon Meringue, Juicy Grape, Turquoise, Amethyst, Valentine, Canary, Vintage Black, Coconut Milk, Blueberry, Strawberries & Cream
- Cool Winter: Raspberry Bliss, Silver Icing, Turquoise, Amethyst, Crimson, Vintage Black, Coconut Milk, Watermelon
- Deep Winter: Silver Icing, Lapis, Crimson, Vintage Black, Lavender Tea
- Deep Autumn: Mango Madness, Longhorn
- Warm Autumn: Mango Madness, Sage, Texas Peach, Strawberries & Cream
- Soft Autumn: Pistachio, Pistachio Swirl
- Clear Spring: Kiwi Splash, Tropical Punch, Mango Madness, Tangerine Sky, Turquoise, Vanilla Pudding, Blueberry, Texas Peach
- Soft Summer: Amethyst, Lavender Tea, Vanilla Pudding, Texas Peach, Pistachio Swirl